Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Oh, the love!

Upon request from my dad, I am posting these videos of students from his ward that he is bishop over. 2 days after the accident, on his birthday, all of these amazing people came to my parents house, and cleaned it cleaner than we have ever had it! They got things done that we have been trying to get around to doing for years. Not surprising, every person had wonderful things to say about my dad, and to both of my parents. These videos touch my dad, and my mom's hearts so much, they wanted everyone to see how amazing these people are (: Our hearts are so full of gratitude for the service they offered my family. Not to mention, these poor college students brought home cooked meals to our home for 3 weeks, so my family wouldn't have to worry about cooking. My dad's ward has been such an extraordinary blessing in this trial, we can't thank them enough. They are all so full of love, and so ready to serve anyone in need, they are such a wonderful example of the good in the world. So if any of the YSA 247th ward reads this, know how much we love and appreciate all you have done, and are doing for our family! You guys are truly special people (: As are all of you, praying for my dad, and my family to get through this trial. He has been making such tremendous progress! He is just blowing through therapy, they already have him sitting up in a cardiac chair for a couple hours a day! They have also started him on physical therapy, down in their gym. Walking will be the last thing he does, but he will have some serious muscles up top by the time he walks! It seems like they shorten the recovery time on a daily basis! It's a huge blessing he was so healthy before this happened. 
There have been many people coming to visit my dad, and bringing him food, drinks, cards, and all sorts of gifts, and he absolutely lives them all, and the company, even more! He has seen many old friends visiting, and many new ones! He never tires of visitors (: I have to say, although we aren't surprised, he is quite the favorite with every nurse that even meets him! He has such an extraordinarily positive outlook on his situation, and life in general, that all of the nurses think it such a treat to work with him! Especially because of his jokes and puns (; I can't think of a time he gave a nurse a straight forward answer!

Each and every one of you is a blessing in our lives, and we can't sufficiently express our gratitude, except to say, we love you all. Every day, he says he knows people are praying for him, because he can feel it. So thanks, to all of you (: 














3 comments:

  1. Keith: I think about you and include you in my prayers every day. I was just called to teach early morning seminary again-- for the 3rd time. This will by my 9th year teaching, and I have to say I love it more than anything else. Maybe I should have joined CES. The Lord is trying to tell me something here. My Coordinator knows you.. David Shumway?? Used to teach at BYU, and knows who you are- but not personally. I want you to know how much you and your family mean to us- even though we never see you. Your positive attitude and prayers are definetly the reasons for your rapid recovery.. and I am sure Karen has a lot to do with it as well. She is amazing. Love you both, and the Young family will not stop praying for you until you are 100% again.
    All Our love.. Craig Young, and family.. (formally Elder Young -in Yakima... remember back that far??? )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! What an awesome ward you have to help and support you there in Utah! So happy to hear of your continued progress and you are definitely still in our prayers!!
    Love, Dennis and Janet Apken

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of love! So glad you have such wonderful support---from without and within your family. That's what it's all about. So good to hear that so much progress is being made. We all knew that once Keith got rolling, he would out-do everyone's expectations! Stamina, indeed. :)
    Love, Letha (and the rest of us Marks)

    ReplyDelete