Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Change of Plans

My orthopedic surgeon called a couple of days ago and said that after looking over the CAT scans and consulting some anatomy books and a collegue, that he felt he was not the surgeon for the job.  The extraneous bone growth is laying alongside my femoral artery and that is a rather high risk surgery for someone not used to that kind of thing.  So he referred me to a surgeon that specializes in orthopedic tumor removal.  He is used to sensitive things like this and can access difficult places in creative ways.

So. . . no surgery tomorrow as scheduled.  I will meet with Dr. Scott on Tuesday for consultation and suppose that a surgery date will be set then.  In the meantime, I am improving and getting my right leg stronger which will help in recovery after surgery.  I even walked across the street to church on Sunday just holding Karen's hand.

Again, and I'll say it often, I am the answer to your prayers.  I still need them, though.  I'm not quite done!  My love to you all.

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment